NATIONAL HOST ORGANISATION
S.I.P.A. SOCIETÀ ITALIANA DI PATOLOGIA AVIARE
The Società Italiana di Patologia Aviare (S.I.P.A.) – the Italian branch of the World Veterinary Poultry Association.- was one of the very first specialised veterinary associations established in Italy. It was founded in 1961, driven by the evolution of modern poultry farming and the industry’s need for an advocacy group qualified in avian pathology. Since its foundation, S.I.P.A. has been involved in the organisation of conventions, round table discussions, and other activities related to the sharing of scientific information and research. Currently, the association has 150 registered regular members in good standing, subdivided as follows: 27% are researchers from public institutions (universities and zootechnical/ veterinary institutes), 24% are researchers from the private sector (pharmaceutical industry), 24% are veterinarians employed by specialised poultry breeders (integrated groups), 5% are veterinarians employed by public services, and the remaining 20% hold other professional positions (professional practitioners, consultants and experts with feed product manufacturers).
S.I.P.A. - Board of Directors
• President – Prof. Mattia Cecchinato, Department of Animal Medicine, Production and Health, University of Padova, Italy
• Secretary - Prof. Elena Catelli, Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy
• Vice President - Dr. Davide Giovanardi, Tre Valli Laboratory, Verona, Italy
• Member - Dr. Salvatore Catania, Diagnostic Service, Avian Medicine Laboratory, Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie, Verona, Italy
• Member - Dr. Giacomo Berto, Veterinary Officer Local Health Authority, Vicenza, Italy
• Member - Dr. Rossella Pedicone, Unaitalia, National Association of the agri-food supply chains meat and eggs, Roma, Italy
• Member - Dr. Diego Da Ros, Amadori Group, Cesena, Italy
• Member - Dr.ssa Silvia Alberti Zoetis, Roma, Italy
• Member - Dr.ssa Sonia Falappa, Fileni Group, Macerata, Italy
INTERNATIONAL HOST ORGANISATION
WVPA - the World Veterinary Poultry Association
The World Veterinary Poultry Association (WVPA) is a global professional association for poultry veterinarians and other avian health professionals. WVPA is run by an elected Executive and holds a Global Congress every two years.
Its members come from all around the world and are in academia, research, government, industry and practice.